Generally, our review for Big Sky Botanicals was impressive since the company offers mainstream products like edibles, capsules, topicals, tinctures, and pet items. While most brands have higher free shipping thresholds, Big Sky Botanicals boasts a fairly small threshold of $15 and also has a 30-day money-back guarantee applying to all orders. It sells its capsules, tinctures, topical, pet items, and edibles for $3.95- $179.95, posing a $0.13 per mg CBD, which is above the market average, hence a bit expensive. All the products in the company’s catalog feature broad-spectrum formulations for a full entourage effect without the psychoactive THC, and are formulated with MCT oil to make them more bioavailable. Moreover, Hydro tincture and sofgels by this company are subjected to nano-emulsion technology, making them water-soluble. The company sources its organic, non-GMO hemp from Colorado farms where regenerative agricultural practices are observed, and the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method is employed to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. Do Big Sky Botanicals products measure up enough to deserve your pence? Our full 2022 review of the brand discusses everything you need to know about the brand and explores its viability.
About the Company
According to its website, Big Sky Botanicals was launched in 2018 by Brian Frank and Vince Arnone. For the last three years, the company has been offering its clients broad-spectrum softgels, edibles, topicals, tinctures, and pet items. It claims that it strives to provide its CBD consumers with top-of-line hemp-derived CBD products at affordable prices, yet its average price point of $0. 07- $0.27 does not match these claims. It also states through its website that it wanted to launch a streamlined CBD product catalog to give its consumers a seamless shopping experience.
With a CBD concentration range of 5- 2250 mg, Big Sky Botanicals offers a decent inventory of products across a category, offering something for all CBD enthusiasts, whether novices or veterans. The pet items, tinctures, topicals, edibles, and softgels in its catalog cost $3.95- $179.95, depending on the product in question and the CBD amount in it. It uses organic hemp to manufacture its products and employs the supercritical CO2 extraction method to isolate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. According to its website, Big Sky Botanicals is focused on innovation and uses a water-soluble nano-emulsion technology to increase products’ solubility, and also formulates its items with MCT oil to make them more bioavailable.
Several factors make Big Sky Botanicals outstanding, including its diligence in conducting 3rd party tests, availing the lab results on a centralized online hub for easy viewership, free shipping for orders worth $15 and above, and the 30-day money-back guarantee that applies to all orders. It liaises with a 3rd party lab to test its THC and CBD potencies and examines them for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, solvents, microbials, mycotoxins, pesticides, and residues. While all products in its inventory passed contaminant purity tests, some failed potency tests.
The following specs are true to Big Sky Botanicals CBD brand;
- Extracts are available in broad-spectrum formulations
- The clean supercritical CO2 extraction is used to separate CBD oil from hemp surfaces
- Extract consumption methods include pet items, tinctures, topicals, softgels, and edibles
- US-sourced organic hemp used in manufacturing CBD products
- The total CBD concentrations in products range from 5 to 2250 mg
- The average price point for the brand’s products is $13 per mg CBD
- CBD products cost $3.95- $179.95
- A proprietary nano-emulsion technology is used to make softgels and the water-soluble tinctures
- MCT formulation is employed to increase the solubility and bioavailability of products
- Regenerative farming practices
- A centralized hub for viewing lab results
- cGMP-compliant facilities where manufacturing activities happen
- A 30-day money-back guarantee applies
Hemp quality is a critical factor in the cannabis market since it determines the quality of the final products, which in turn influences whether a brand keeps its clients or loses them. Consequently, reputable brands look for high-quality hemp, and Big Sky Botanicals is no exception. It liaises with Colorado farmers to source its premium quality hemp. The hemp is grown organically, and the farmers uphold regenerative practices that conserve soil. The clean supercritical CO2 extraction method is then employed to separate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces.
Big Sky Botanicals is a legal, authorized grower of American hemp and sources it from Colorado farms. The hemp is non-GMO, organic, and pesticide-free, and its plants are grown organically under regenerative practices, upholding soil conservation practices. Once its hemp matures and the flowers harvested and prepared, the clean supercritical CO2 extraction is used to isolate CBD oil from them, resulting in broad-spectrum formulated CBD extracts, which guarantee full entourage effects from several cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. To manufacture the water-soluble Hydro tinctures and gel capsules, nano-emulsion technology is used, making the products more water-soluble. Big Sky Botanicals is like most companies that formulate extracts with MCT oil to increase bioavailability.
The next stage in the manufacturing process is 3rd party test, a crucial quality and control practice Big Sky Botanicals executes to ensure its products’ CBD and THC potency are as indicated on the labels and that items in the inventory are free of standard contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, microbials, solvents, residues, and mycotoxins. The centralized Lab Results link on the main menu uses batch numbers and directs one to an inventory with all the lab results for whatever product is in the inventory.
Range of Products
Big Sky Botanicals offers mainstay CBD products, including;
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Tinctures
The brand’s tinctures are prepared from organic, non-GMO, broads-spectrum hemp-sourced CBD and come in two flavored varieties. The total CBD concentrations in the tinctures range from 250 to 1500 mg, while the potencies are 8.33- 50 mg/ml. According to the website, the tinctures are formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability and are strictly recommended for oral and sublingual use. The Hydro tinctures are subjected to nano-emulsion technologies, making them water-soluble.
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Capsules
The brand offers softgels in broad-spectrum formulations to ensure a full entourage effect without the psychoactive THC. They are formulated with MCT oil to make them more bioavailable, and a typical dosage includes one softgel of 10 or 25 mg/unit potency. The total CBD concentrations in the sofgels range from 40 to 2250 mg, and the capsules come in 4, 30, or 90-count packages. With a price range of $6.95- $179.95, the capsules pose an average price point of $0.07- $0.17.
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Botanicals Topicals
The topical products on Big Sky Botanicals are balms made from broad-spectrum hemp-derived CBD and feature additional ingredients like eucalyptus and essential lavender oil for smoother application. According to the website, the topicals are applied to the affected external areas and might need slight massages to spread the effect. They come in 30 or 500 mg CBD concentrations, and the potencies are 6.12 and 7.73 mg/ml. They cost $3.95 to $49.95, translating to a $0.1- $0.13 per mg CBD price point.
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Pet Items
Big Sky Botanicals offers pet supplements in the form of soft chews. They come in 6- or 60-count packages, delivering 30 or 300 mg CBD concentrations since each chew is 5 mg/unit potent. They are strictly taken orally by weight and cost $7.95 and $59.95 for the 6- and 60-count packages, translating to a $0.20- $0.27 per mg CBD price point.
Big Sky Botanicals CBD Gummies
The brand’s gummies feature broad-spectrum formulated CBD and have MCT oil as the carrier for maximum availability. They come in fruity flavors and are 100% flavored and colored naturally. You could go for the 6- or 30- count gummies, each delivering 10 mg/unit, translating to 60 or 300 mg total CBD concentrations. The gummies are strictly taken orally for discreet, nutritious use, according to the website.
What We Like About the Company
Our review appreciated the following pros about the Big Sky Botanicals CBD company;
- Using MCT oil to formulate products makes them more bioavailable
- Subjected select products to a nano-emulsion technology make them water-soluble and easily absorbed in the bloodstream
- The company uses non-GMO organic hemp to manufacture its CBD products
- The regenerative practices observed in the Colorado farms where the brand sources its hemp ensure soil quality is preserved and chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides do not interact with the products
- Using the cleans supercritical CO2 extraction method to isolate CBD oil from hemp surfaces ensures cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids are stripped out without unnecessarily attaching solvents to the extracts
- The brand’s free shipping threshold might be affordable for many, helping them save money on purchases
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to return products and seek refunds and exchanges
- The centralized Lab Results hub allows easy one-and-all viewership of lab results in the company’s inventory
- All products in the inventory were pure and passed purity tests for all standard contaminants such as heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, residues, and solvents
- All the brand’s manufacturing activities happen in a cGMP-compliant facility, ensuring the highest safety and manufacturing standards are observed
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the many pros, Big Sky Botanicals has its cons, which include;
- The brand’s average price point of $0.13 per mg CBD is higher than the market average, meaning the company prices its products a bit highly
- Some products in the company’s catalog posed incredibly high CBD and THC potency variances, surpassing the 10% acceptable limit by far
- The brand needs to expand its product catalog to feature more items, especially with full-spectrum and isolate-based CBD formulations
Our review for Big Sky Botanicals was generally positive since it offers the mainstream CBD products like capsules, tinctures, topicals, pet items, and edibles, only that it only features broad-spectrum formulations. The free shipping and 30-day money-back guarantee, the use of organic, non-GMO hemp for manufacturing CBD products, the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method for isolating CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, MCT oil formulation to increase products’ bioavailability, nano-emulsion technology to make tinctures water-soluble, and running all manufacturing activities in a cGMP-compliant facility are Big Sky Botanicals’ strongholds. However, its average price point of $0.3 per mg CBD is relatively high and surpasses the market average, some items in the catalog failed potency tests, and the product inventory only features broad-spectrum formulations, cutting out consumers who prefer full-spectrum and isolate-based CBD products. The company will perform even better by straightening these kinks.